Saturday, June 20, 2009

Latest Knitting Projects




I've been working on several projects getting ready for Lavender Field Day next Saturday. I tried 2 different styles of market bags. They are usually made from cotton yarn and crocheted. I knitted one in cotton and then tried one in the wool yarn from our sheep. They are both nice, but I actually prefer the wool one - seems sturdier and it is much larger (and still has stretch!). I also have homespun yarn from 3 different sheep and in 3 different natural colors.

I am also working on a basketweave scarf that can be wrapped and buttoned...pic to come later. It is made from a purple alpaca yarn I bought in Maryland - very soft and nice. Included in my inventory next week will be a lot of children's hats, some scarves, and a few felted items. I guess I better get busy!

No comments: