Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Time to get serious!

I am ashamed to see that I last posted in November! I had good intentions, but being both very busy and a bit technologically challenged, I kept putting off adding to the blog. Here is an update on our sheep-related activities:
  • We were in the Louisville area the day after Christmas dropping off wool at John Guffey's for processing. We stopped in to visit with Diana Anson and take a look at her BL's.
  • Lambing is done. We lost 3, and ended up with 10.
  • We bought a black ram after traveling to Wisconsin in April to check him out. He has a nice fleece.
  • I have continued to go to the Worthington Farmer's Market at least twice a month. I haven't sold much, but there seems to be a lot of interest in my spinning, yarn, and knitted projects.
  • We went to Maryland for the Sheep and Wool Festival (huge affair!), but Sporty (our black 'champion' ewe only came in 5th place (more on this coming up).
  • Next we have the Border Leicester show and sale coming up in Wooster on the 23rd of May.

No comments: